Publish Time：2021-09-03 08:55:46Source：Travel Weekly
【Introduction】：Carnival Cruise Line has rescheduled the return to service of several of its ships, including five whose returns have been postponed until 2022.
Carnival Cruise Line has rescheduled the return to service of several of its ships, including five whose returns have been postponed until 2022.
Carnival president Christine Duffy said, "We are making slight adjustments to our timeline to take into account supply chain realities and ensure that our destination and shore excursion offerings can meet the strong demand we are seeing from our guests."
The five ships operating out of U.S. homeports that had their restarts moved to 2022 are the Carnival Liberty (out of Port Canaveral), Carnival Sunshine (Charleston),Carnival Paradise (Tampa), Carnival Ecstasy (Jacksonville) and Carnival Sensation(Mobile, Ala.).
The Sensation, originally slated for an Oct. 21 return, will instead begin sailing from Mobile in January. The cruise line did not provide restart dates for the other ships.
Carnival also released developments regarding several other ships:
• The Carnival Valor will join the Carnival Glory in New Orleans, offering four- and five-night sailings starting on Nov. 1.
• The Carnival Legend will restart Nov. 14 out of Baltimore, replacing the Carnival Pride, which restarts guest operations from Baltimore on Sept. 12 and then moves to Tampa following a partial transit of the Panama Canal. The Pride will commence sailings on Nov. 14.
• The Carnival Radiance will have a new maiden voyage date of Dec. 13 out of Long Beach, Calif. (rescheduled from Nov. 5 due to a revised drydock plan).
• The Carnival Conquest's restart from Miami on Oct. 8 has been rescheduled to Dec. 13.
Carnival is advising guests booked on cruises in November and December that it will continue to meet the CDC's standard of vaccinated cruises and that guests will need to present proof of both vaccination and a negative Covid-19 test at check-in (with a small number of capacity-restricted exemptions granted for children under 12 and other guests who cannot be vaccinated).
Carnival said it is working to set up mobile precruise rapid-testing sites at all of its homeports as an alternative for vaccinated guests who do not have proof of a negative Covid test.
• When can Americans cruise? Here's when ships will be launching
Guests will continue to be asked to wear masks in most indoor venues of the ship where people congregate.
Separate from its U.S. operations, Carnival has canceled four additional sailings for both the Carnival Spirit and Carnival Splendor out of Australia. Cruises on both ships are now canceled through Dec. 16.